Why I Conceded Defeat in 2015 Election - Formal President Goodluck Jonathan

President-Goodluck-Jonathan-Vs-Gen.-Muhammadu-Buhari

Last night, former President Goodluck Jonathan was presented with an award at the sixth edition of African Ambassadors’ Interactive Forum and Dinner, organized by the African Third Sector Resource in Abuja. While receiving the award, Jonathan gave reasons why he conceded defeat in the 2015 election without a fight.
“I always say that I reformed the democratic process as President in order to consolidate democracy in Nigeria and the sub-region. I conceded defeat without a fight because I wanted to set a standard for our democracy, going forward. My aim then was to change the narrative and prove that election-related litigations should no longer define Nigeria’s democracy. People must not always go to court and obtain judgments before elections in Nigeria are declared conclusive' he said

No comments